Sunday, November 24, 2013

Healthy Living


As I previously mentioned I have been making changes to my life, specifically my health. I am not a very unhealthy person but I do make unhealthy choices at times. Such as getting In-n-Out instead of eating a salad. There are 4 main things that I have changed about what I give my body that has really changed how my body feels as well as how I look. Before going into specifics I want to point out that this is a gradual process. I am not telling everyone to completely cut things out of their life because I know it is hard. However, little by little we all can better our health choices. 

The first change that I have made that was very difficult has been letting go of bread and just wheat in general. Before I would eat a lot of bread (Just whole wheat bread) as well as cereal and I would feel extremely bloated and just not good in general and I did not know why it was. I decided to start doing research and start making healthier choices and that is when I ran into Brenda’s You tube channel leansecrets. I started watching it and saw the video about negative effects of wheat and that is when I decided to not eat wheat. At first it was hard because I used to have cereal every morning and sandwiches in the day. But after letting go of wheat for about 2 weeks I noticed that I no longer felt bloated and that my stomach in general felt so much better and looked better.

With not eating wheat came letting go of tortillas which I LOVE. I am part Mexican therefore I do Love, love, love tortillas and eat them with everything. However, I found an alternative that taste the same as regular tortilla and is much more healthy. They are quinoa and flaxseed tortillas. You can find them at whole foods or trader Joes and they cost the same as regular tortillas just much healthier. 

The third and change that I made, that has been the most difficult to keep up with is eating more vegetable and fruits. This is so good because it helps keep the inside of your body clean which reflects on your skin and body. What I do to keep up is drink green juices in the morning (you can find so many recipes on youtube) which I mainly put oranges, spinach, kale, and any other greens I can find in my fridge. Through out the day I will eat a small salad even if it is just a side to whatever else I am eating. Little by little just make the transition to more and more vegetables as well as fruits that I eat as snacks through out the day. 

The last change that I have made is just simply drink a lot more water. This helps clean out your entire system and I definitely feel like it has made my skin look a lot better. To do this I bought a reusable bottle for water and just re fill it through out the day as much as I can. With these 4 changes I feel my body so much more different and I love it. Once again this is a gradual change. I still eat bread every once in a while when I go home and my mom feeds me it is hard to say no. But I definitely not eat as bad as I used to. If you all have any comments, concerns, or questions please feel free to leave a comment I would love to hear what you all have to say :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment