Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Relaxing Cabbage Bath


School is starting, or has probably started for many already. I go to UCLA and we do not start until the 26th of September :) But I really want to spend these last few days I have left relaxing before my hectic life starts up again. Something that I love doing and that really works to relax oneself is a bath of course but even better a boiled cabbage bath. This is very simple and it is something I have done my entire life. Whenever I would have a bad day in school or just seem very upset my mom would boil cabbage and prepare a bath for me. I would sit there for as long as I wanted. This helped me relax and just let go of any stressful thoughts I had. However I must warn you this bath will make you very sleepy so do not do if you have homework or anything to get done after you are done taking your bath because it will not get done. You will most definitely sleep like a baby. To prepare the bath all you have to do is boil a large pot of water (it can be sink water) and add about half a cabbage to the water. Let it boil until the cabbage is loose and soft. You can then prepare your bath as you please. At your ideal temperature. Take into consideration that you will be adding the hot water and the cabbage into the bath. You then sit in the bath for as long as you please. Read a book, listen to music, take a nap, or anything that relaxes you. I personally like to just listen to music or look at a magazine. I hope you all enjoy this relaxing cabbage bath :)

1 comment: